It’s easy for our team to get lost in emails and be on the computer most of the week when we are not onsite at events. We came up with an idea to launch a Content Creation day every first Tuesday of the month. This allows for us to step outside of our office bubble and into a creative space where we get to work with some of our favorite vendors. It’s also a great time to meet vendors we haven’t had the chance to work with!
The idea behind the design
I have yet to get married but know that if and when I do, I most likely won’t set out to plan a wild bachelorette. Instead I am interested in my best girl friends, a fun table design & a boozy brunch! This tablescape was designed for the laidback bride-to-be with a fun side. It’s perfect idea for asking your best girlfriends to be a part of your special day or as I mentioned, a great alternative to a bachelorette party!
Embroidery for the win
Sometime between our busiest wedding season and the holidays, I purchased an embroidery/sewing machine. Most ask, “Oh! You sew?” and I’ll admit that’s a very logical question. I am here to tell you no, no I do not sew but that doesn’t mean I won’t be the next Martha Stewart in event embroidery (is that a thing? yeah sure). With a little determination and a few YouTube videos later I am now a professional and knew I wanted to use my new machine (and skill set) in our upcoming content creation shoot. “No Ugly Crying” is the funniest phrase for a weekend with your girls. Planning a wedding is emotional and the goal is to definitely not ugly cry and more so happy cry!
Rentals & Decor needed
The idea behind this table is anyone can create it on a small scale. We used items from La Pinata Rentals + Collective Rentals to come up with this table design. What you need:
- A CLEAN TABLE: We went with white so it would balance out all the colors being used
- TABLE RUNNER: I used a roll of colorful yarn (like this one) to create an easy DIY runner that felt very unique and fun.
- DINNERWARE: At the last minute, we decided to add a Ratan charger that added a fun neutral, boho vibe. Then we chose to work with a palette of pale pink and an off-white with copper accents.
- NAPKIN: This is where you should have a lot of fun! Get napkins embroidered with your friends names or a funny saying! Perhaps even an inside joke. They can then use this on the wedding day when they are in fact ugly crying.
- FLORALS: Auroral Floral used simple, clean flowers to make the arrangement with the idea of “DIY.” But hey, if you don’t want to make your own arrangement you can definitely hire our girl!
Photographer Evangeline Lane // Florals Auroral Floral // Rentals La Pinata Rentals + Collective Rentals