If you've browsed through our website, you may have noticed that Festival Weddings are kind of our jam. I didn't set out to specialize in this type of wedding but holy smokes do I love it! A whole weekend of music, food and nature? Sign me up! So, if you're just starting your search for a Festival Wedding venue, I have a few places in mind that you might like to check out.
- Moab Under Canvas, Utah
A gateway to two stunning national parks, Moab Under Canvas offers the perfect mix of wilderness and comfort. Your guests can venture to Canyonlands National Park for the euphoric, top-of-the-world sensation and can come back to their cushy teepee for the ultimate glamping experience.
- You can have a multiple-day wedding/event
- Bring in your own vendors
- Accommodates 120+ guests on-site
- Tons of daytime activities near by
- Breathtaking views and natural beauty
- No curfew
- Cleaning staff on-site for tents/teepees
- Very limited power and lighting (requires generator rental)
- Limited cell service (I use radios for this venue)
- Must bring in all rentals (tables, chairs, lighting, bar, etc.)
- Set Up is logistically hard - PLEASE hire a Wedding Planner!
- It's a little far from airports and about a 13 hour drive from Los Angeles
(Photos by Laura Goldenberger Photography)
2. RimRock Ranch, California
RimRock Ranch is where I'm getting married in September! The reason I chose this venue is because we can have it for 3 days, it's next to Joshua Tree National Park, our pups can attend and it has a few airports nearby. The sunrises and sunsets are going to be incredible and I barely need any decor items because of the natural beauty and cool eclectic decor in this space.
- Can have multiple-day events
- Rad owners - Gwen and Eric
- Accommodations for 22 people
- Tons of AirBnBs nearby
- BYOV (bring your own vendors)
- Near Pappy & Harriet's music venue
- Caterer must be self-sufficient (food trucks are ideal)
- Can get very hot - rent some parasols!
- Requires a little more planning logistically
- Rentals required
(Photos by Red Anchor Photo)
3. The Ruin Venue, California
If you were planning your wedding 5 years ago, you would never even consider an abandoned stone house as your venue, right? Well now it's all about finding unique, off-the-grid and super creative venues to represent the couple's personalities.
- Right next to Joshua Tree National Park
- Unique setting + natural backdrop
- Cool tent frame where you can hang lights
- Includes generator, string lights and porta-potties
- No on-site accommodations (an Inn is coming soon!)
- No shade
- 1-day rental (with load in on Friday, load out on Sunday)
(Photos by Branch and Cole)
4. Kiva Koffeehouse, Utah
Nestled in beautiful Escalante, Utah you'll find this friendly neighborhood Coffee Shop called Kiva Koffeehouse. Known for their homemade soups, fresh bread and hot coffee , they also offer their space for small, intimate weddings.
- Very flexible and easy to work with - family-run
- Access to their tables and chairs (cafe style)
- On-site catering provided
- Can bring in your own teepee for decor
- Only two cottages available on-site
- Rental can only start after 6pm (when the cafe closes)
- No pets allowed
(photos from their website. P.S we will be doing a wedding here in September 2017 and hope to report back with a ton more photos!)
5. Dunton Hot Springs
I want to go here so bad! Located in Dunton, Colorado, the Dunton Hot Springs is so magically you'll want to cry. It has a ton of land and several little cottages and teepees for the perfect bohemian wedding. Bonus: they have natural hot springs for you to enjoy!
- Natural Hot Springs (duh)
- Several different packages and accommodation options
- Guided activities
- Option to rent the whole town!
- Up to 60 guests only
- Quite pricey to rent out the whole town
(photos by Jack Richmond Photography)
There you have it, 5 wonderfully bohemian wedding venues to host your magical day or weekend at. I can't wait to go explore more of them myself this year and share them with you!
Published by: Gabrielle Norton in Wedding
Tags: bohemian wedding, dunton hot springs, festival weddings, glamping, glamping wedding, Joshua Tree, joshua tree wedding, kiva koffeehouse, moab under canvas, outdoor wedding venue, rimrock ranch, the ruin venue, unique wedding venue, wedding venues