If you’ve browsed through our website, you may have noticed that Adventurous Weddings are kind of our jam. I didn’t set out to specialize in this type of wedding but holy smokes do I love it! A whole weekend of music, food and nature? Sign me up! So, if you’re just starting your search for an Adventurous Style Wedding venue, I have a few places in mind that you might like to check out.
1.Moab Under Canvas, Utah
A gateway to two stunning National Parks, Moab Under Canvas offers the perfect mix of wilderness and comfort. Your guests can venture to Canyonlands National Park for the euphoric, top-of-the-world sensation and can come back to their cushy teepee for the ultimate glamping experience.
- You can have a multiple-day wedding/event
- Bring in your own vendors
- Accommodates 120+ guests on-site
- Tons of daytime activities near by
- Breathtaking views and natural beauty
- No curfew
- Cleaning staff on-site for tents/teepees
- Very limited power and lighting (requires generator rental)
- Limited cell service (I use radios for this venue)
- Must bring in all rentals (tables, chairs, lighting, bar, etc.)
- Set Up is logistically hard – PLEASE hire a Wedding Planner!
- It’s a little far from airports and about a 13 hour drive from Los Angeles
2. RimRock Ranch, Joshua Tree, CA
RimRock Ranch is where I got married in September 2017! The reason I chose this venue is because we can have it for 3 days, it’s next to Joshua Tree National Park, our pups can attend and it has a few airports nearby. The sunrises and sunsets are incredible and I barely need any decor items because of the natural beauty and cool eclectic decor in this space.
- Can have multiple-day events
- Rad owners – Gwen and Eric
- Accommodations for 22 people
- Tons of AirBnBs nearby
- BYOV (bring your own vendors)
- Near Pappy & Harriet’s music venue
- Caterer must be self-sufficient (food trucks are ideal)
- Can get very hot – rent some parasols!
- Requires a little more planning logistically
- Rentals required
(Photos by Amelia Lavoie)
3. Kiva Koffeehouse, Utah
Nestled in beautiful Escalante, Utah you’ll find this friendly neighborhood Coffee Shop called Kiva Koffeehouse. Known for their homemade soups, fresh bread and hot coffee , they also offer their space for small, intimate weddings.
- Very flexible and easy to work with – family-run
- Access to their tables and chairs (cafe style)
- On-site catering provided
- Can bring in your own teepee for decor
- Only two cottages available on-site
- Rental can only start after 6pm (when the cafe closes)
No pets allowed
(Photos by The Hendrys)
4. Black Rock Desert, Nevada
This location is way out there and not for the faint of heart. It will require a lot of imagination, money and patience but it will be SO worth it. We had the honor of planning a wedding on The Playa where the famous Burning Man festival happens every year and it was the wildest wedding ride we’ve ever been on!
- Blank canvas
- No curfew
- Epic scenery
- Extremely unique
- BYO vendors
- Requires permitting
- Need to bring everything in (power, water, restrooms, lighting…)
- Vendors come from further away which means a higher delivery fee
- Weather can be unpredictable
(Photos by Melissa Gayle Photography)
There you have it friends, our top 4 favorite adventurous wedding venues! We hope these inspire you to get adventurous and find a unique spot surrounded by nature for your wedding. Need help planning? HOLLER at us!